- 2 years (granted degree: Master of Arts in National Security)
- State Security
- Politics and Euro-Atlantic Security
- Competitive Intelligence Novelty
Graduate studies in National Security, assigned to the area of social sciences and of the general academic profile, are addressed to the graduates from the first cycle degree studies of humanistic, social and environmental majors, military academies and higher officer’s schools of fire prevention. The graduate of the second cycle degree studies possesses broader knowledge in comparison to the first cycle degree studies, as far as the politics of safety, European safety, state safety, international relations and crisis management are concerned. The graduate can also interpret and explain the phenomena connected with safety, threats and challenges for safety, analyse the issues and phenomena related to the state safety, communicate and negotiate. Within the studies, the students acquire social competence, enabling them the cooperation and teamwork, decision-making and envisaging the outcome of their actions, adjudging in relation to national safety issues. The purpose of the studies is to provide theoretical knowledge and practical skills used in the prospective professional work in the uniformed services positions, public administration, national and international safety organizations, parties, societies and political organizations. The graduate of the National Safety second cycle degree studies should already possess the habit for continuing education and professional self- development and to be able to to do research. The result of the studies’ completion is the degree: Master of Arts in Political Science.
- the specialization State Security covers the education and provides the knowledge required in the field of: analysing and adaptation of legal principles, safety procedures and crisis management on a global, regional, local and national scale. Knowledge provided in the process of the specialist education is connected with the functioning of security systems of Poland as well as particular countries. In the course of the studies, the students attain the competence of interpretation and investigation of the phenomena concerning possible dangers to the national security of Poland and other countries. During the studies, the students access the skilfulness to interpret, explain and analyse the matters of political, social and economic security. What is more, the social competence of conducting activities related to training, effective problem- solving in the area of the security of the country, planning and acting especially in emergency situations and communicating, are all developed.
- the specialization Politics and Euro- Atlantic Security covers the learning and provides the knowledge ranging from the broadly- understood present-day international safety, particularly Europe and the transatlantic community and its business in the world. It is concentrated around international environment of the country security and its functioning within the institutionalized mechanisms of cooperation. In the course of the studies, the students gain the expertise to interpret the threats coming from international conflicts, to comprehend and analyse the problems of political security and to solve the problems of Euro-Atlantic safety. The social competence of conducting trainings enterprise, to take decisions individually, to work as an analyst or a medium position expert in international or national institutions and organizations.
- The specialization: Business Intelligence refers to education in the field of genesis, evolution and intelligence of business/economic intelligence, with the ethic issues and protective actions. The graduate of this specialization has the broad knowledge related to the organization and functioning of the state intelligence institution. In the course of the studies, the knowledge and skills are conveyed on collecting, interpreting and the use of information, with a particular focus on understanding the cause-effect mechanism of the transmission of the material gathered and its influence on the process of decision making of the state and commercial authorities. Students gain the readiness of creative conflict solving, which facilitates acquiring the competence of enriching analytical methods, based on the information technology usage.